The 2021 Conference Goals are to:
- Unite people and promote a culture of collaboration by stimulating an open dialogue and encouraging an interdisciplinary approach to tackle major health care challenges around the globe. This is consistent with the mission of the Cura Foundation and the Pontifical Council for Culture to enrich the human experience by bringing together people of diverse backgrounds and religions and advocating for the vulnerable.
- Translate complex science into accessible language to catalyze the conversation and inform the general public on the progress made in finding cures for many intractable diseases and the financial, social and societal implications of doing so.
- Examine the mind, body and soul interaction and discuss what it means to be human, and how transformative medical technologies are raising new challenges around human enhancement and the interpretation of the mind, body and soul.
- Discuss the effects of emerging medical technologies and their anthropological, ethical, cultural, religious and societal implications.
- Explore the field of neurocognitive sciences and traditional ideas about consciousness, human identity and our uniqueness, and explore how new technology, data and artificial intelligence can improve and extend health care.
- Facilitate a conversation and “a new dialogue about how we are shaping the future of our planet (...) which includes everyone, since the environmental challenge we are undergoing, and its human roots, concern and affect us all,” embracing the Pope’s teachings expressed in Laudato Si,’ LS 14.
- Inspire people to be more empathic, caring and helpful to one another.
- Initiate the global #UniteToPrevent campaign and promote preventative measures and contribute to reducing the social disparity in health care.
- Discuss holistic approaches to disease treatments and the mental and emotional aspects of chronic diseases.
- Forge new public, private and academic partnerships to deal with major health issues and support sustainable and healthy communities globally.